The American Christian School College Preparatory High School Program is based on 48 years of experience in education. ACS Students consistently score two years ahead on all subjects across all grades. These results are due in large part to the ACS Classical Curriculum which emphasizes the ability to reason well and communicate effectively. ACS is focused at all times on helping students develop real relationships with Christ. The wisdom and character seen in our students come from solid teachings and the many opportunities provided them to grow in His image. Great academics, excellent communication skills and a relationship with Christ prepare our students to stand out as both exceptional college students and future world changers.
- Many factors contribute to achieving and maintaining high academic standards
- Exceptional teachers
- Small class sizes with high teacher/student ratio
- Renowned Classical Curriculum
- Honors and advanced placement courses
- Over 30 electives including music, art, business, computer and Bible
- Emphasis on writing/oral presentation
- Classroom utilization of technologies including smart boards and elmos
American Christian School commits to mentor and guide each student through the entire process of college admissions
- College Counselor dedicated solely to guiding each student
- College Admissions Test Prep Director oversee all PSAT/SAT/ACT preparation
- Beginning Freshman year, classes in preparing for college admission tests
- Career counseling
- College identification through college fairs and individual selection
- Appropriate scholarship identification and guidance in pursuing them
- Oversee college application process including college resume, essays and applications (with parental consent, applications must be submitted prior to receiving first semester report cards)
- Summer internships arranged by the school for each Sophomore and Junior during their summer break. Internships provide first-hand experience in possible career fields and present robust resumes to colleges.
Life for an ACS student goes beyond academics; providing students with opportunities to grow and prepare for college
Students are constantly exposed to opportunities to develop and lead initiatives from marketing their own high school to planning and implementing community service projects.
Extensive off-campus opportunities for learning including museums, concerts, plays, university lectures, United Nations, New York Stock Exchange, Picatinny Arsenal, etc.
A 3 day Christ-centered outdoor educational program in the Poconos and a 3 day historical trip to a nearby metropolitan area, such as Washington, D.C., Boston or Philadelphia.
Fencing, Volleyball, Basketball, Archery
Missions, Art, Choir, Band, Media, Marketing, Math, Robotics, Chess
Math, Robotics, Challenge Program
Every aspect of ACS is founded on a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teacher Devotion: Every morning teachers gather to pray and prepare for the day
- Chapel: Students attend once a week for praise and worship and inspirational speakers
- Service Projects: Every student is continually involved in community service projects such as working in soup kitchens, with handicapped children, collecting toys for homeless children and much more