American Christian School offers a unique academic environment. Our Elementary teachers provide a class setting where children feel secure, loved and respected. Students are encouraged to develop a love for learning, which results in greater class participation, improved communication and sharpened critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Relationship building is essential to the elementary-student experience. The ACS culture encourages loving one another unconditionally. We seek to simplify the crucial elementary years, a time when students are in search of their identity.
- We begin every day with prayer. (Not only do we pray for our students, we pray with our students.)
- We emphasize Godly sportsmanship and character on a daily basis.
- We engage in weekly chapel time.
We believe that a sense of self-worth comes from accomplishment. The student who excels while working hard achieves a greater sense of accomplishment. By leading our elementary students through a challenging curriculum—a curriculum that produces visible and quantifiable results—the students grow in confidence and develop an understanding of their abilities:
- Public Speaking
The elementary stage of development at ACS further emphasizes a love of learning by creating a fun and playful educational experience. The following highlights of our program foster personality development and identity affirmation by encouraging students to do what they naturally enjoy doing as kids:
- Class-wide community service projects
- Focus on public speaking and written communication
- Daily devotions and Bible lessons
- Weekly chapel services
- Memorization exercises
- Latin instruction beginning in 3rd grade with emphasis on vocabulary
- Incorporation of songs, chants and rhymes, creating a more enjoyable learning experience
- Phonics through 2nd grade
- Vocabulary building