American Christian School offers a unique academic environment. Our Elementary teachers provide a class setting where children feel secure, loved and respected.
Students are encouraged to develop a love for learning, which results in greater class participation, improved communication, and sharpened critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Children at this age actually find memorization fun when presented through song and repetition. Rules of phonics, spelling, grammar, poems, the vocabulary of foreign languages, the stories of history and literature, scientific processes and mathematical facts are all easily grasped through the Classical approach of teaching.
- The ACS Curriculum includes
- Grammar Science
- Composition Phonics
- Bible Art
- Literature Theater
- Latin Music
- History Physical Education
- Math Technology
- Introduction to public speaking through theater classes beginning in Kindergarten
- Latin instruction beginning in kindergarten with emphasis on vocabulary
- Incorporation of songs and rhymes to enhance memorization skills
- Phonics through 2nd grade
- Students experience the cognitive development benefits of cursive writing
Leading children to the Lord, strengthening that relationship and teaching them strong Biblical character traits is critical during this stage of development.
A 2004 Barna Group study* indicated that nearly half of all Americans who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior do so before reaching the age of 13 (43 percent), and that two out of three born again Christians (64 percent) made that commitment to Christ before their 18th birthday.
- Teachers present a Christian worldview in every subject
- Service and community projects foster leadership skills based on a love of service and outreach
- Weekly Chapel and daily devotions encourage school community and spiritual reflection
- Character development centers around Christ-like traits, through our W.H.I.M. Program – Work Ethic, Humility, Integrity and Maturity
ACS encourages the exploration of personal growth and fun experiences beyond the school walls. We further emphasize a love of learning through creative educational programs and organized activities both on and off campus.
- Spelling Bee
- Bible Bee
- Math Bee
- Field Day
- Jr. Olympics
- Students vs. Faculty Basketball Game
- Annual talent show Sledding on campus
- Spirit Week Water Day
- Spring and Christmas Concerts Father/Daughter Dance
- Dance classes and recitals Mother/Son Dance
- Mixed martial arts
Spiritual and Character Development
We visit Museums, Performing Arts Centers, Historical Sites, and many other interesting places …