The unique needs of rapidly developing middle school students present a variety of challenges as they enter a crucial point in their lives, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Our teachers understand their need to develop deeper spiritual and intellectual maturity. The ACS Middle School Program offers the students the opportunity to be strengthened through critical reflection and dedicated participation in small classes.
ACS encourages the exploration of personal growth, spiritual reflection and experiencing this world beyond the school walls.
- Chapel and daily devotion
- Community service and outreach
- Field trips including team-building overnight excursions
- Character development centered around Christ-like traits, through our W.H.I.M. Program – Work Ethic, Humility, Integrity and Maturity
We believe that learning should be a joyful pursuit; we also believe it should be challenging. During the middle school years, children’s cognitive abilities become capable of greater critical thinking and debate.
To meet this developmental change, ACS provides two years of in-depth study of Logic, helping students understand the fundamentals of rational thinking and debate. This focus is evident throughout the entire curriculum, which includes:
- Public Speaking
- Organization & Time Management
The success of our Middle School Program is due in large part to our attention to more than traditional academics.
- Service and community projects foster leadership skills based on a love of service and outreach
- Academic and athletic competitions
- Debate and reasoning-based discussion
- Public speaking as a fundamental curriculum critical to a successful education
- Time management and organizational skills instruction addresses the unique needs of this age group