K- 6th Theater/Public Speaking Class
Theater at our South Campus consists of weekly classes for grades K-5 and Public Speaking for grade 6. Evidence has shown that theatrical arts help young minds develop their imagination, academic abilities and ability to speak publicly.
Did you know?
- Theater participation increases academic performance and raises test scores.
- Self-expression learned through theater instills life skills.
- Theater fosters confidence and cooperation.
- Theater also gets children beyond their social circle to meet new friends and build compassion for others.
- Theater nourishes the imagination.
- Theater opens the door to Public Speaking, which becomes effortless to our students.
7-12th Production Opportunities
Theater at our North Campus is presented through Faith Center for the Arts and various opportunities at school. Students interested in sound/lighting/crew can assist with running concerts and Chapel. Students also have the opportunity to perform in a senior production as part of their English curriculum.
2021-2022 Senior Production was “Our Town” written by Thornton Wilder.
ACS students at both campuses have the opportunity to participate in Faith Center for the Arts productions and classes. Get more information about their programs HERE.